PUBLISHED: March 7, 2020
Medicare for All Adds Obstacle Between Doctor & PatientDr. Kristin Held is a Board-Certified ophthalmologist and the President of the American Association of Physicians & Surgeons joins Dr. George to discuss this year’s favorite Democratic party candidate stump speech trope: Medicare for All The radical agenda proffered by the likes of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders seeks to destroy the last vestiges of private medical care in the country by abolishing all remaining private insurance policies and forcing nearly 150 million Americans on to a fixed-cost state-run system. Moreover, even members of his own party have asked Senator Sanders to explain how he plans to pay for Medicare for All, yet all he or his website can provide is a convoluted non-answer so utterly typical of members of the Political Class.
Medicare for All Hands Control of Medicine to Prevailing Political Party Bureaucrats
- Ruling political party’s ideology determines prohibitions, allowed, or required procedures, such as abortion, euthanasia, or joint replacements for the elderly.
- Payments via long detested HMO method of capitation, on a mammoth, unprecedented scale.
- Payments for many services may be so low that procedure will become unavailable.
- The STATE will determine what drugs may be prescribed. Special interest lobbyists will “pay to play.”
- Funding will come by transferring all money in current government health programs (Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and within a few years the Veterans Administration and Indian Health Service) plus massive new taxes.
- Unelected 15-member board of bureaucrats will make all life & death medical decisions Of said bureaucratic board, no requirement to be filled by physicians.
- Initial cost estimates suggest$40 trillion, however anyone not born yesterday evening knows government cost estimates are generally overly optimistic and often ballon to 10x initial projections.
Moreover, Dr. Held practices what she preaches, as since October of 2015, Dr. Held’s practice became completely third party free, including opting out of Medicare. Thus, instead of entering into complex contractual agreements with third-party corporations and government agencies, Dr. Held opts to serve her patients directly by removing the middle-man so as to provide personal, confidential, state-of-the-art, and truly affordable, accessible medical care.
About Dr. Kristin S. Held
Kristin Story Held, M.D. is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Dr. Held is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Texas at Austin where she was named “Outstanding Student.” She received her medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio where she achieved membership in AOA, the national medical honor society.